http://rachelolsen.blogspot.com/
I am following a long with Rachel Olsen and many other women in reading the bible everyday.
Today and yesturday we read and discussed Sarah and Abraham:
Genesis 16:1-15,
Genesis 18:1-15
Genesis 21:1-7
Basically God had promised Sarah a child, she 65, she doubted him greatly and ended up having him sleep with her servant. UGH. The child from that mistake has brought about the off spring that to this day fight with the Isrealites God's chosen people. HOwever, despite that great mistake God delayed the birth of their son till she was 90, then told abraham she would have a son. STILL she doubted, she bore a child a year later, just as God always planned it.
I was reading Rachel's Blogg and noticed how I am not the only women who struggles with patience and taking matters into my own hands. I so desperately want to marry the man of my dreams and get over with. I want to force him to relize that he is the one, that God told me we would be married. But I can not. I have to wait on God's timing. I have to wait for God to tell HIM that. It's drives me crazy sometimes, because I feel like I will lose him. In reality if I hold on too tightly I WILL lose him.
I guess right now I need to just focus on falling in love with God.
Focus on becoming a women a of integrity and not comprimising for any one just because I am too in secure to be single.
I guess I mostly need prayer for strength and security in God's word, not in a human being.
“The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised. She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would.” (Gen 21:1-2)
In Love
Ashley
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment