Joshua chapter 2 and chapter 6.
How cool! Even in the old testament God showed love and grace to Rehab. She obeyed what she new the Lord of the spies told her to do. She has great fear of the Lord, and she had faith that she would be saved as long as she obeyed. For that she was adapted into God's kingdom, and his people. Verse 25 in Chapter 6 even says that she lives among the Israelites today! How wonderful the grace of God.
This women was a prostitute, the low of the low, had sexually transmitted infections and yet she was cleaned white by God's mercy, and given Grace to change her ways. How exciting!!
The LORD is my Shepperd I shall not want. HE makes me lay down in green pastures, HE leads me besides still waters, he restores my soul. HE guides me in paths of righteousness for HIS name sake.
Even as I go through the Valley of the shadow of Death I will Fear no Evil for the LORD is with me, HIS rod and HIS staff comfort me. HE has prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies. HE has anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows! Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the HOUSE of the LORD forever!!
(Psalm 23)
How good is the LORD we serve.
Beyond all imagination.
Lord,
Restore love in me, Provide Trust, hope and faith in me. Heal my wounds, and my broken spirit. Help me help those around me, and give me an everlasting love for those who are around me. Give me energy, and obedience, and provide for my house hold. Praise you for all you love that you have shown me.
In Jesus Name
Love
Ash
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ashley Marie,
I just popped over from Rachel Olsen's Bible study. Your prayer reminds me of those I write in my prayer journal. You are right, our Lord is good beyond our imagination!
I also have a blog, Plant Lady's Ponderings - come over for a visit anytime! I've enjoyed my visit here.
Blessings to You,
Plant Lady
Post a Comment