Friday, March 14, 2008

Rebekah's Lesson

Today we further discussed Rebekah's lesson in Genesis and read the Chapters 25-26 the chapter in between Rebekah's young woman hood (24) and motherhood (27).

Rebekah was barren like her mother-in-law sarah, but learning from their mother Issac went straight to God to ask Him to bless Rebekah with a child. His faith was great and God granted his prayers! Rebekah (20 yrs into marrriage) became pregnate. Something troubles Rebekah though, now in her 40's (with a great marriage with the Lord and with her faithful husband) she knew the only way to get answers was to ask God. She asked God why she felt this internal sturggle within her womb. He answered her and said she was pregnate with twins! However they would fight each other, and the younger one would take the first born's birth rights.

When the twins where born Esau was harry, and red! Not a momma boy for sure he was a mans kind of man (25 "The first one was very red at birth and covered with thick hair like a fur coat. So they named him Esau."). Jacob followed there after and was a momma's boy for sure (Genesis 27:12). This influenced Rebekah in the way she handled her children. She favored one over the other, wiether she would want to admit or not. She knew God would make Jacob ruler, and inherit the oldest son's birth right. However instead of trusting in God to make this happen naturally in God's intented way she thought she would help it a long by manipulating the situation (Gensis Chapter 27).

How easily we lack faith in God's perfect plan! I know my slef have made several attempts at this. In fact I have done it! I've thought " well maybe I am supposed to influence this person to convince him that we are supposed to date" or " maybe I need to take out another loan and use that to pay my bills, maybe God will use that" NO. That is not the way God intends His plan to be carried out. Granted God will use all our mistakes and when we turn to Him will still bless us greatly, however, how much easier is it to follow His will! Yes it takes a little more time, definately, but in the end we don't have to worry about the consequences of our actions results from not trusting in Him.

I think about this in relationship to my place in life right now. I know God is making things fall into place in regards to my future, and a potential spouse. I still doubt! Everyday God blesses me with miraculous signs, of His wonderous love! and still I doubt! I think "what if he doesn't follow God's will, what if he makes a mistake, what if he forgets about me!" Oh how silly. I myself have made GREAT mistakes in regards to our relationship, I have taken on other relationsips. I have had relations and not trusted in God. I know no matter what happens God will bless me, He promised to give me a family, at a young age! I know He will, I just have to trust. The longer I don't, the longer I will have to wait.

Job 38:41
41 "Who provides food for the raven when its young cry out to God and wander about for lack of food?"

If God cares for the raven's how much more does he care for us!
I am amazed everyday at this very aspect.

Dear Lord,
Help me trust in you. Continue to teach me in your ways, and guide me in your will.

No comments: