Monday, April 21, 2008

Love, Patience, Self-Control

In my devotions today, I was re-informed that only way things will work out for God's will if I'm willing to say "yes" to him.

Reading in my Book What Happens When Women Say YES to God by Lysa TerKeurst the subject was When obediance become radical. A very scary and exciting subject.

Lisa tells of a time when she new God was telling her to do something radical. Well I know the same goes for me, I know this from God because the subject keeps being brought up. God has given me peace about waiting, confidence for the ride. Now HE has asked me to give something very dear to me up.

The hope of a future husband, children, a family to take care of; more specifically, the man I'm waiting for.

I remember once sitting next to one of my very dear mentors as a 16 yr old, on our way to Barbados for a totally RAD missions trip. While sitting next to Stephanie I ask her how her new marriage was. At the time Steph was 18, barely! She was married to Steve, who was quit a bit older, shortly after she became legalized. She was engaged at 17, and started courting Steve shortly before. She was telling me of how God told her to give Steve up, I was shocked.

First of all mostly shocked at the fact that she was telling me this, and second off she actually did it. She said she had to stop contacting him, to chill out and build her relationship with God. Before she new it she was engaged!!

I see now that God was leading her to tell me this story, I need to give God FULLY not half heartedly. I need to completely forget about it, and us, and our future. I need to not expect the phone to ring, a letter to come, or a knock on the door. I need to be fully confident in Christ Jesus that this is it. Live for the now, for HIM and God will bring the "him" around.

This is the hardest decision thus far in my short little life. I know it's possible, and I have complete peace about it. Part of me wants to worry , but a larger part whispers sweet nothings in my ear telling me to focus on being a women for the Lord and learning how to be a better wife before HE can even bring a husband around.

I'm so scared, but so happy at the same time. I know trust in God will prevail. My power verse and theme for my life seems to be from Psalm 37:4 " DELIGHT your self in the LORD and HE will give you the desires of your heart."

Job 22:21 " Submit to GOD and be at peace with HIM; in this way prosperity will come to you."

Love Peace & Joy

Ashley

No comments: