Monday, August 11, 2008

A Prince

Lately my soul has been tugged. Brused. Battered. I feel like a fool, like a target, like a symbol of a deer, hunted by the hunter.

I feel as if I'm in the wilderness, with the beasts of the field, and the hunters glare is in the distance, I can't see them but I feel them.

Ephesians 6:12 " For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

This is what I know. My fight is against an enemy looking to devour my soul, if only to distract me from getting closer to my God.

I cry out in pain, and ask for God to guide me, for my one true prince to rescue me. He has paid the price, for me, but still daily has to fight for my attention.

I long so dearly to be untied with Him. To be filled with His love. I feel a block aid in the way. I feel something there, invisible that needs to be taken away. I feel like I'm hiding something I don't even know what it is.

What is keeping me from my love? What is capturing my heart?

I feel empty today.

2 comments:

Poems of Long Ago said...

i hate saying this every time.. but its like we are reading eachothers minds nearly. we have such similar mind sets & its so odd. God definately showed us to eachother for a reason. it makes it even more prominate when i read your feelings & see how their mirror my own. its so weird.

but we both know God is there for us. even if we feel like a door is shutting us out. its just other things around us trying to attack us.

Sharon said...

Ashley,

Wow honey I feel the pain, I feel like you have some confusion going on. I wish I knew you better, so I could pray for a specific situation for you. But please pray to jesus to help you get thru this, I am also praying for you.

You know he loves you very much, don't let the stinkin thinkin come and steal your joy away.
God Bless you, You can always email me and we can chat together there if you ever need a friend.
I am always here for you
Huggssss
Sharon