" oh the weather outside is frightful"for being in the Florida...
I've never seen snow. However this chilli Florida weather is cold to me!
I was however reminded by a friend, that this is only fall he lived in Atlanta, so I guess he can say that ha ha
Then I began to think, sometimes not a good thing I think too much usually.
How often do I take life into my own perspective and forget that there is this whole big world in front of me?
How often do I fret about today, when the poverty of the forgotten in Africa are dieing? The orphans in forgotten lands, are starving?
Yet I sit comfortably in my little house, with my cup O tea, and complain because life's not perfect. I'm not engaged. No one loves me...how sad am I? I'm sure anyone of those of children with hearts of Gold would come up to me and say "it's okay no need to cry, life is beautiful, God loves you and so do I"
I'm reminded of my time in Barbados. I loved it. I spent one day at an orphanage, and this little boy just clung on to me. I have his picture at home still, and his gift. This little boy with out a family, with out a reason to care in the world about my little spoiled life as a 16 yr old, gave me a little ball. His only toy. I wanted to refuse it but I couldn't , it would break his heart. I wonder now, as I sit in my $900 office chair at my solid wood receptionist desk. Where is the boy now? Did he survive? Did he make it through? He is in his late teens by now, and either selling drugs on the island or made it to America and is a scholar. Who know where this little boy is. He did however touch my life.
I worry about today too much. I worry about my life too much.
I should be praising God for his love and grace daily. I don't do that far enough.
Matthew 6:27-29
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Matthew 18:3
"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Today I praise you Lord. I give you my all, and I thank you for your abundant blessings. This world alone and it's beauty show your love and grace. I praise you for forgiveness, and I praise you for your son who died for me Lord. Help me to show others your love today. Help me to become a child of yours today and beautiful white lilly before your eyes.

2 comments:
A profound and touching truth. I needed that thanks.
Verrrry Goooood this was good!
I live in florida, it's not been to bad here.
Merry Christmassssssssss
Love Sharon
Post a Comment