Thursday, March 19, 2009

A household in training


Depression. Healing. Loving Life.


Just a few key things I've experienced in the last week. This weekend something totally unexpected happened. I have; however, been praying (despite the fact I knew it would hurt) that God would take away all that which led me a stray. I prayed He would get rid of the weeds, and people in my life that were holding me down. One by one He has done this so. Even when I fight and cry He's followed through.


My roommate was a distraction. I was blinded by the things that were going on, and finally God gave me the opportunity to be rid of the depression that was holding me down. It was scary, very much so, but I knew God would protect me. Good friends came over, and encouraged me, and lifted me up. Once that negative presence was gone, God filled my home with His love. I love it now! I love my home, that God has blessed with me with. It might seem small and insignificant to so many, but the struggles and the pain to survive. I love it.

It gives me pure to Joy to have a household (that consists of me & my kitty) that I can say worships the Lord. I vow to have positive influences in my home from now on. It give me joy to say " ... But for me and my household we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15b). I desire to be that. I desire to have a household that loves and serves only the Lord.

I know I have a lot more cleansing to go through. I know I have a lot more weeds that need to be picked out. I know I will go through many more ups & downs, with struggles. I also know this will be a long long long process from which I'm entering. I know in most the promises of God, His peace & love & joy that consume when being in His presence.


I truly desire to worship Him alone.


"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15



2 comments:

Kenneth Alexander said...

We seek so many things in life. We are afraid that if we aren't always seeking a thing, it will never be found. We seek peace, we seek joy, we seek to be more like Jesus. It all sounds noble, but these things can never be "found". The only thing we should ever seek, is Jesus. He is the only one who promises we will find Him, and He is the only one that we can trust with everything.

I wasn't trying to "tell" but merely to "share" because I know that you understand these things

Sharon said...

Woooohoo sounds like someones heart is really being worked on! Praise God! I am glad that things are working out for those that are in Christ Jesus Amen!!
You get those weeds out when you can so that the flower blossoms will bloom,bloom!
Have a wonderful beautiful and Blessed day my friend :)