Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Faith & Blessings Others


I am so greatful. There is so much God has blessed me with. Everyday I come home and think wow, I am blessed...


He has been opening my eye's to things I have forgotten about. Shown me how selfish, and rediculous I've been. I complain about little petty things and there is so much more right in front of me. Close people right in front of me who are suffering. Who are eternally wasting away, and burried, and I'm worried about petty pointless things.


Twice recently I have been told/ read the story of Horatio G. Spafford , of whom lost everything he had owned and all his children. He wrote the following hymn as his ship passed the spot where his daughter's passed:


It Is Well With My Soul


When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul


My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!


It is well, with my soul
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


But, Lord, ‘tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!
Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul


It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


This hymn made me cry every time I've read it : every time I sing it. I think of how weak I am, and I want great faith like that.
I am blessed beyond all reason. I pray for those of mine who have lost people. I pray for those of mine who are suffering.
I pray the Lord uses me and shows me how to bless those around me that are in need.


I desire to be used as an instrument of His, however He may will. I desire to have my faith grow, faith that can move mountains.


Deuteronomy 31:8,

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


1 Peter 1:7


"These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."


1 Peter 4:11-13

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Very nice, I love this!! I would love to copy that and share with a few people I know... If you don't mind!
You are growing and it makes me just smile.

Sorry I been playing catch up, been on vacation, and my hubby and I been painting the house, gardening and stuff, just got real busy. But this was really worth the wait.